Monday, January 10, 2011

what dreams may come. or not.

Anyone who knows me well, knows I'm a sucker for an end-of-the-world movie, or show, or anything really. If it's apocolyptic in nature, I will love the shit out of it. It has probably has to do with being raised up in an apostolic Pentecostal church, where the only thing I remember is beind told we were in the END TIMES and the rapture could, and would, happen any second now, so for baby Jesus's sake, BE READY AND REPENT! For real. That's all I remember.

Sigh.

Anyways, so last night, I had one of my frequent disaster dreams. This one was kinda dumb, but kinda realistic. I was in downtown Pineville at my friend Jodi's house, and I had a clear view of downtown Alexandria (for you non natives, it's only separated by the Red River. For all intents and purposes, they are the same area, although Alexandria is often referred to as "town" by the country folk in backwoods Rapides Parish.)

Okay, I'm rambling. Where was I? Okay, so I was outside, and saw a big ass boat float by on the river. And then this large building a la World Trade Towers (disclaimer: Alexandria's tallest building has, I believe 13 stories. No joke), was hit by said boat. All I could see was the top half of the building, and it kinda crumpled and parts fell, and there was the sound of metal and glass hitting pavement. The weird part (of an already weird dream) is that no one reacted, except me. Sure, the police finally showed up and ambulances and shit, but the townsfolk as a whole were totally unimpressed. It was crazy.

When I woke up, I thought about it for awhile, then asked myself a simple question: How in the hell did a BOAT crash into a building well inland with enough force to knock over a World Trade Center sized tower?

My dreams are stupid.

No comments: