Monday, January 17, 2011

list up mondays.

This is an easy blog trend I'm gonna try to start doing. It's just basically making a list. On Mondays. Easy enough. So here are some highlights from my day.

1. My son decided 6 was a perfect time to wake up, so I rolled out of bed and did the morning routine without really blinking. Change diaper, change him out of pjs (ok, I do this SOMEtimes, there are some day he is in pjs for half the day. Like mother, like son.), fix him juice, a snack cup of vanilla wafers or graham crackers to hold him over till breakfast time, and turn on Blue's Clue's (or, BOO'S COOS, as he tends to scream at me until I find the remote). He will grab his favorite stuffed animal, a chenille monkey that smells so good, seriously, it has a scent pack inside of it. He will climb up onto the loveseat next to me and get all settled, and for 30 minutes, he is content and I get to check my email, check the news, check facebook, check off rolling my eyes at most people on facebook, then it's time for breakfast. Now you know how my mornings roll.

2. I have had a goal since Friday to find a good king cake. I have gotten like, 2 thousand suggestions from locals, but they all cost like 50 fucking dollars. For a king cake. That I will eat in one day, let's be honest, cause I'm a sugar-a-holic. So, I've yet to find one, though there is one at Sucre that is 20 bucks, and is supposedly delish, and they use metallic glittery sugar. Secret: I'm a sucker for anything with glitter. When I find the time to get a pedicure, I still grab for the clear glitter overcoat, while the lady painting my toes shakes her head. Oh well.

3. I got pulled into a fight between my 2 sisters today. I'm the oldest- my sister Jo is 2 years younger, and then our half sister is 10 years younger than me. She was raised completely different than me and Jo. We were poor, and she has never had to know what it's like to be poor. Her dad, my ex stepdad, is from a family with money, so she was spoiled since birth. Long story, but she has really drifted apart from my mom in the past couple years, changing custody to where she only sees my mom every other weekend, and lately, not at all. My sister Jo ain't having it, she's uber protective of my mom, and basically her and my little sister have started WWIII, somehow pulling me into it. I'm fiercely loyal to Jo- we grew up together, she's my best friend. But I do have another sister, and although we haven't grown up together, she's still my sister. I understand her tension with my mom, cause I go through it too. So I feel like I'm being put in the middle. Seriously, my mom called earlier and made me call Jo on a three way call (making me feel like I was in 7th grade) so they could both tell me who said what and when. My head hurts.

4. I watched The Bachelor, and am not ashamed. NOT ASHAMED, I SAY.

Night.

No comments: