Friday, December 24, 2010

i'm a sissy.

So, last night, I had a bit of a nervous breakdown.

It's been building for a few weeks (months, more likely). It started when I moved even further away from my hometown, now four hours away. It started when I found some old drawings my very closeknit group of best friends made me when I was flying back from Colorado a million years ago. It started when I read on facebook that one of my best friends, Jonathan, was sitting on one of my other best friend, Jodi's, front porch waiting on the town Christmas parade to start, which just so happens to pass in front of her house on Main St.

I broke last night when I got emailed a faux-christmas newsletter that Jodi and Jonathan do every year. It's completely crazy, this invented Southern family they made up, and they have back stories for all the members, and the newsletter made me laugh so hard, that I cried, and then I cried because I missed laughing that hard.

I am homesick. Hardcore, painfully homesick.

The cure? On New Year's Eve, I'm heading home, for at least 4 or 5 days. Maybe longer. I need my town, my friends, the familiarity, the ease of sitting on a porch and laughing about absolutely nothing but inside jokes that are ridiculous and hilarious and goddamn, I miss it.


I'm coming, ya'll.

No comments: